Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating the Photos tab, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- I'm gonna spend a little time in the Photos tab.…This is the area I hang out most in Photos for OS X,…so it's nice to know a little bit…of the navigational functionality of it,…and I"m going to show you some of those shortcuts right now.…So, we'll start out by magnifying an image.…Just gonna go over to this picture right here,…and I'm gonna double click on it.…And it's in magnify view, and you notice…that I also have split view going.…Now, I can turn on and off split view by doing opt + s,…and it's sticky so it'll remember…if I left it on last time I was there.…
It'll be on when I come back and vice versa.…Now, split view is handy because if you don't want…to navigate one image at a time,…and I mean by using the right arrow key to go forward…and the left arrow key to go backwards.…If you wanna hop down to an image,…then split view allows you to do that right here.…Then I can go right back to where I wanted to go.…So, I tend to leave it open, and the other…keyboard command for sidebar stuff,…which also starts with an S, is to turn on…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.