Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving photos to other devices using AirDrop, part of Up and Running with Photos for OS X.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If someone is sitting right next to me…and I want to share a photo with them,…I can use AirDrop if they have an iOS device.…Again, I'm going to go up to the Share Menu, right up here,…and we'll go to AirDrop.…Now, they have to make sure…that they have their iOS device on,…and that they have enabled AirDrop in the Control Panel,…and you just swipe up and you'll see AirDrop.…And, generally speaking, I have a set for AirDrop: Everyone,…unless that becomes a problem.…
By doing so, I make, in this case,…my iPhone available for airdropping,…which, it shows up now in this menu, right here.…So I can click on that.…It received the AirDrop.…Now the image comes up on my iPhone…and I have to accept or decline it.…I'm going to accept it.…The image is transferred over and I'll see it right here,…in my photos for iOS.…
Pretty nifty.…This also works with other Macs, too.…Once I'm done with the AirDrop,…all I have to do is click the Done button,…and I can move on to the next thing.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Tips and Trickswith Christopher Breen1h 18m Intermediate
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.