Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Marking a picture as a favorite, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- In Photos for OS X, we don't have color labels.…We don't have flags. We don't have star ratings.…But what we do have are favorites,…and I'm gonna show you how to use favorites right now.…As we're looking at our collection of images here,…you'll see that this one has a heart.…That means it's a favorite.…I've already selected that as a favorite.…If I wanna add another one I just click on the image,…make sure it's highlighted, and I can tap on that heart,…and now it is a favorite also.…
I can also use a keyboard shortcut,…which is making sure that the image is selected…and then hitting the . key, and that's a favorite.…Hit the . key again and it is no longer a favorite.…So it's very simple to browse through.…And if you look at the Info box, let's do cmd + i.…And you'll see that the favorite is marked…up there in the corner on this shot.…But if I go to a different shot that isn't a favorite,…and you'll see that it is not marked.…
All right we'll go ahead and close that.…Now how do you view your favorites?…Well they are stored neatly for you in an album.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.