Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a print, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Let's make some prints.…Let's take a photo here and gonna print…this shot right here.…Now I've cropped this to 5 x 7…because I'm gonna print on 5 x 7 paper,…and if you don't remember how to do that cropping…just go to our cropping movie…and it'll show you how to constrain the crop.…I'll do Command-I here,…and what I did was I duplicated the photo…and then I made a 5 x 7 crop of it.…And then that way it's perfect…for making 5 x 7 prints.…
What I see on the screen is what…I'm gonna get on the paper.…So I'm gonna go up here to File,…let's go to Print,…and we have a lot of different options here.…Let's choose 5 x 7.…We'll go up here to the top.…Now this menu here is driven by your print driver.…So whatever your print driver has loaded…onto your computer, the different types of paper,…and functions that that printer is capable of,…that will show up in this menu.…
So your menu may or may not look like this,…but this is the way mine looks…'cause I'm using this HP Photosmart.…And that's the other thing you have to do.…You have to pick the printer you want…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.