Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Final thoughts, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- I've really enjoyed our time together…while working on this course.…We've created a lot of stuff, when you really…look at it, and this is just in Up and Running.…But we have the folded card,…we've created slideshows, softcover books,…calendars, we've ordered prints, that's nice.…I mean, that's really putting our imagery to work,…and getting it out there in people's hands.…And then in terms of organization, all sorts of…different albums, we've done smart albums,…and of course, then albums that we constructed…for different uses, for storyboards,…or just pulling together a bunch of images…that we wanna show as a slideshow.…
And then, of course, we've shared images…using the cloud technologies that are built into Photos…that allow us to have our work not only…on our computer but on our smartphones…and our tablets, and our other computers.…This is very exciting, and even though on the surface…this looks like a relatively simple application,…as I've discovered while working on it,…and I hope you have too,…that there's really a lot of power here.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.