Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting a video, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Let's cover exporting videos.…Now, I haven't talked about movies…a whole lot in Photos for OS X…primarily because the way the application…handles them isn't much different than with photos.…In other words, if you have a movie…they automatically get put in this album right here…and they're identified as a video and put in this album.…We do the same thing with Panoramas,…Last Import, you know, this is all…pretty much automatic kinda of stuff.…And then you open the album…and you would have all of your videos here.…
Now, I don't have a whole lot of videos…in here right now, I have one.…But if I were a video kinda crazy person then if…I opened up the album I would have multiple videos.…They'd all be lined up there.…Now, the thing I wanna get across to you now is…just because the video goes in a certain size…doesn't mean it has to come out of…Photos for OS X that same size.…You actually have some options.…And let's show you what that looks like.…I'm gonna click on it,…I'm gonna go up to File, Export.…
Now, I can export the unmodified original…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.