Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting a slideshow, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- You'll be happy to hear that your slideshows…are not trapped within Photos for OS X.…That you can release them out into the world.…I'm going to show you how to do that right now.…We have a slideshow right here.…We're in the Projects tab and we created…a slideshow earlier.…I'm just going to highlight it.…And, we go up to File, Export,…and now we have a new option there,…look at that, Export Slideshow.…We'll choose that.…You can decide where it's going to go.…I'm going to send it to the desktop.…
You can give it a name.…Has the name it picks up, the default name.…But you can add to it if you want.…I'm just calling it "slideshow"…just to be very clear on what we're doing here.…And you have have a few format choices,…not a whole lot.…You can go High Definition 1080p, 720p, or 480p.…Those are your options.…We'll go 720p, maybe that's the size…we want to put on YouTube.…We don't want to go full HD.…
And if you want, you can send it to iTunes automatically.…Personally, I don't like to do that.…I can put it in iTunes later on if I want.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.