Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting images out of the library, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Every now and then you're probably gonna wanna…get photos out of Photos for OS X.…You have a different workflow maybe for a specific web page…or something like that.…I'm gonna show you how to do that right now.…Let's take this shot right here, which is a 16 megapixel…image that came from an Olympus Mirrorless camera,…and we're gonna work with it a bit.…So I'm gonna select it and then I'm gonna go up to File,…Export, Export 1 Photo.…And we get this dialog box here where I can pick…the different file types that are available to me,…JPEG, TIFF or PNG.…
We're gonna go with JPEG.…And I have different quality sizes.…I'm gonna go with Maximum, which yields the largest…file size but also the highest quality.…But if I wanted different file sizes, let's say you wanted…to reduce the file size a bit and wasn't as concerened…about the best quality, I could make a different selection.…We'll go with Maximum right now.…And then on Size, we have different Size options…available to us.…Now, if you're coming from Aperture, you're probably…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.