You may also want to export an edited image out of Photos that was edited with Luminar. In this video, Derrick Story shows you the differences between exporting an edited version and the original file that sits beneath it. Luminar is a full-featured image editing application created by Macphun. It is available from the developer site or in the Mac App Store.
- [Voiceover] There are definitely times when you want…to move images out of photos, for all sorts of reasons,…using the export function.…And I want to show you how it works with images…that you've processed with Luminar.…Okay, so here we are in our library…and as I talked about previously,…we have our original image, that's what we started with,…and that is a raw file.…So let's go to the next image here.…And then we have the image that we worked on in Luminar.…
And this is technically a JPEG.…Now, it's very interesting because it says raw here…and it says raw here;…however, if we go to image editing,…if I hit the return key and go into the editor,…you see that we see JPEG up here.…So how does this work? Well, I'll explain it to you…and this is exactly why I'm doing this movie right now,…because I don't want you to be confused.…It actually took me a little while to figure this out.…So I'm going to click done here.…
So here we are with this image and we want to send it out…of photos and we want to retain all of its goodness.…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.