Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring detailed adjustments, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Let's further explore our image editing adjustments,…and I'm gonna work on Fruit-N-Flowers here.…I think it's a fun shot to play with…some of these tools.…You notice it's a RAW file already.…That's good.…So I'll go to Edit.…Now just a little shortcut.…If I wanted to switch to JPEG,…another way to do it once I'm in Edit mode…is to hold down the Control key, click,…and I get the popup menu,…and I could switch to JPEG.…I don't want to.…I want to work in RAW so I'm gonna hold down…Control again and go back to RAW.…
But this is another way to do it.…It's kinda handy, pretty fast.…But let's go to Adjust right here.…So I want more oomph here.…This looks like it has potential,…but I think there's even more in there…we can pull out.…So let's just start with our auto adjustments…on both color and light.…And that gives us a little more.…Now before I showed you holding down the M key…to go back to the master,…but you can also look at individual adjustment.…
You can turn individual adjustments on and off…by just tapping on the blue circle there…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.