Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Emailing photos, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- For certain people we know the easiest way…to share photos is still via email.…It's just the way it is.…And it's easy here in Photos for OS X,…I'm gonna show you right now.…I have this image,…I wanna share it with a few folks.…Go to my Share button,…this time I'm gonna choose Mail.…It will launch Mail, if it's not already launched,…bring up a message right here.…And I can say who I'm going to send it To,…type that in right there,…and then let's take a look at Message Size right here.…
You see it's not an overly large photo,…it's already been scaled down,…and the Image Size is Actual Size,…which in this case is not a bad thing.…But now if you were attaching a big photo…the Image Size might be too big…and some people might receive it…and go, "Oh my gosh, what did you send me here?"…So you can adjust that here in the Image Size popup.…You have Small,…you also have Medium, Large,…and then of course, Actual Size.…Now how big these photos actually are…when you use these different sizes…depends on the starting point for the photo.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.