Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing a greeting card, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Professional looking greeting cards made from…your photos are really a thing of beauty.…And they're easy to do in Photos for OS X.…I'm gonna walk you through the basic process right now.…Let's start with this image here from Ireland.…I wanna make a greeting card…that celebrates my visit to Ireland.…So I'm gonna pick that image.…I'm gonna go up to + right here…and I'm gonna choose Card.…And I want a folded card,…we're not gonna go Letterpress this time or Flat.…Let's go folded. Select that.…
And I have all sorts options here.…I'm gonna go to pop-up menu though…and narrow them down a bit…'cause I know a specific type…of card I want, a Photos Only card.…Right there.…And I'm gonna pick a Picture Card.…Now you notice some of these have little clouds.…That means they're not on your computer…right now, the theme.…But if you select them,…they'll be downloaded from the cloud.…So we'll pick a Picture Card right here, just like this.…Do Create Card.…
And go, "Well, that wasn't exactly what I had in mind."…But worry not because we can go…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.