Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping, rotating, and flipping a photo, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Alright, let's have a little fun…with cropping and straightening,…and you think I use that term lightly,…"fun," but actually, this is a lot of fun,…I'll show you why.…We're going to work on this in shot,…so I'm going to double-click on,…open 'em up, and then we'll go to "Edit",…up here in the upper-right-hand corner.…And, I'm gonna go over to "Crop",…just click on that right there.…Now, the first thing that you'll notice here,…is that the horizon line's a little off.…Didn't quite have the camera perfectly straight…when I took this shot.…
If I want to keep the same aspect ratio,…and just straighten this thing out,…all I have to do is just go down here…to "Auto", just like this.…Just like that, it will fix it for me.…Now, if I want to fine-tune it, let's say it fixes it,…and technically it may be straight,…but I don't quite like the way that it looks,…I can just click here.…And then, just rotate it myself.…And if I hold down the Option key, and do that,…I'm gonna hold down the Option key.…
The increments are even finer.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.