Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a slideshow, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- We have a couple really nifty slideshow options…in Photos for OS X.…I talked about one earlier on in the title…where you actually just pick an album…and you go up to the play arrow,…and you click on it.…(upbeat guitar music)…Choose the theme, and play slideshow.…And just, boom, right there.…And that's great if you want to present a handful…of images to someone in slideshow format,…and you don't want to fuss around…with creating a project or anything like that.…
Now it's kind of a one-off deal.…It's very convenient.…And for certain situations, it's perfect.…Now, there will be other times, however,…when you want to create a project and craft a slideshow.…Something that you can work on over time…and export out, and give it to other people.…Publish on a webpage, all that good stuff.…And that's what we're gonna do right now.…So, we're gonna start with an album.…And I like starting with albums…because I can create a storyboard.…I can move images around.…
Get them in the right order that I want.…For example, I might want to do something like this.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.