Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a calendar, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- One of things that I like about making my own calendar…is I can start it on any month that I want.…And, we can do that in Photos for OS X.…I'm gonna walk you through the process right here.…I'm in an album and so, as I like to do,…I've created an album of images…right here, called Sierra Calendar.…Now, I can play around with the order here, in the album,…Photos won't honor that when it goes to make the calendar,…but at least it allows me to kind of work it out…in my mind, how I want things.…
And then, once I'm ready to go,…then I just go to Create Calendar,…like this.…And I can create a calendar that's 12 months or 24 months,…we'll go with 12 months but I'm gonna start it in June.…And then, when I hit Continue, I get to pick the theme…and, see this right here?…Apple added a new theme…and it's in the cloud so I can download that.…
My sense is it will continue to do that,…and we'll have more and more things to choose from.…I'd probably go for a picture calendar…and then Create Calendar.…Now, once I do that, I get a project,…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.