Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a book, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- A great way to capture memories…from a once in a lifetime trip, or some other…special event, is to make a book.…And as you may suspect, it's pretty easy in Photos for OS X.…In fact, if you've done some of the other projects,…such as greeting card, you'll feel very comfortable…here in this interface.…I'm gonna walk you through it,…just to make sure that we all are…ready and able to make a book ourselves.…So I'm in an album right now, and let me just go back.…
I've created an album for my book.…I like to do this.…We've talked about this before.…The reason being, I like to bring in the images…and look at them, kind of see them together,…move things around, take things out, all of that.…And then, once I feel like,…"Ok, here's the content I wanna use.…"Time to make a book."…I'm just gonna select them all.…In this case I just did "command", "A".…And we go up here, and we choose "Book".…
You have your basic styles of books here.…Basic sizes and prices, all that.…I'm gonna go with a little book.…So go with the "8 x 6"; I'll select that.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.