Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating Albums and Smart Albums, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- I think you're gonna like this.…We're gonna talk about Albums and Smart Albums,…and there are some cool features here.…So we'll start out with just regular old Albums.…And I've decided I wanna create an Album…with stuff I've eaten. Food stuff. (laughs)…I mean, when you travel, taking pictures of food is kind of,…sort of a ceremony, right?…I mean, we like to do that.…Least I do, anyway.…So I have a memory card here in the computer.…So let's just select some images…I'm gonna bring in…to my Photos for OS X library.…
I'm gonna hold down the shift key.…We'll get those guys right there.…I got some more food stuff here, though.…I know it. Aha.…I'm gonna hold down the command key.…We'll get these guys, too.…And then, obviously, where I ate it. Okay.…And then, let's bring these in, too.…All right. So we have some food stuff.…And I'm gonna Import 12 Selected Items.…I'm not gonna delete afterwards.…I think I'm ready. Here we go.…
Now, what's neat about doing it this way…is that they're added to my library.…So if I go over to Photos, for example,…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.