Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying and pasting adjustments, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Copy and paste adjustments can be a real time saver…especially when you have a series of images,…you only have to image adjust one,…and then you can apply those changes to the other shots.…Let me show you how that works.…We're going to work on these two shots right here.…Go ahead and open it up.…Let's go to Edit.…First thing I want to do is make sure…we're working on the RAW file.…I'm going to hold down the control key…and go to Use Raw as Original.…Let's apply a filter to it.…
i like Chrome.…I want a different look for this shot…and then we'll go down here to Adjustments…and I'm going to go ahead and open up Light.…We're going to recover a few Highlights here like this.…We'll open up Shadows even a bit more, like that.…Maybe bring down the brightness just a smidge.…
Then I'm going to down to color.…I'm going to knock the Saturation down a hair more even.…Something like this, right there…and then let's add a little Definition.…So I want to do a number of changes here…because you really get the power of copy…and paste by doing that,…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.