There are copy and paste adjustments in Polarr. In this video, Derrick Story shows the strengths and limitations in this editing extension. Polarr is an image editor available in the Mac App Store.
- [Man's Voice] When I was giving you a tour of Polarr…I mentioned that there were copy and paste adjustments…and I thought, boy I'd better go back and clarify that.…I don't want to get your hopes up too much on this.…At least for the editing extension.…They do work, but they are limited in their applications.…So, let's see what I'm talkin' about right here.…Let's go ahead and just clean this up for a second.…So, let's do a few things to this shot.…I'm going to add an atmosphere filter, isn't that nice?…Isn't that good for airplane stuff?…(laughter)…I like it.…
See.…Yeah, Imma go whole hog on that too.…And then, oh let me see, we'll go over to adjustments.…Let's take down saturation just a bit.…Or, we'll take vibrancy down, like that.…Good, and then I want to add a screen.…So we'll go to brush and we'll add a gradient mask.…Just right up here at the top.…And Imma take that exposure down just to pull this in line.…
Okay.…Just something like that.…There we go.…So, three things...…what I want to do now is I'm going to go back…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 50m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.