Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Browsing filters, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Let's play with Filters a bit here.…I think they're kind of cool.…They're not Instagram level filters…where you have as many controls…as you do with Instagram for example,…but they still have some good capability.…Let's explore for ourselves.…We're gonna work with this image here,…and I'm gonna go over to Edit.…We had flipped the image earlier, when we were playing,…and, I guess, before we do too much more work on it,…I should make sure that's okay, you know,…there isn't any telltale type anywhere,…so I'm just gonna take my pointer,…go on that little boat right there,…and hit the "z" key, just zoom in,…and just take a look around.…
I think we're all right, so I'm gonna hit the "z" key again,…and let's move over to Filters.…Now, the Filters line up on the side here,…Mono, Tonal,…Noir, like film noir,…Fade, Chrome,…Process, Transfer, and Instant,…and, any time I wanna remove a Filter,…I just click on it again, takes it off.…
I'm sort of interested in this Transfer look.…I kinda like it, it feels like slide film or something,…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.