Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding pictures from your camera, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Let's add some pictures from my camera.…So I took the memory card out of camera…I have it in a card reader.…Actually it's going to go right into…the SD slot on the MacBook Pro.…And let's put some of those pictures, not all of them,…but let's put some of those pictures…here in Photos for OS X.…So I'm just gonna push that in right now.…And we'll wait just a second.…The first thing you're gonna notice,…look at this.…We get a new tab right here.…Mm-hmm, see Import tab.…
Does this look familiar to you?…Doesn't this feel a lot like working…with photos on an iPad or something like that?…It does to me.…Anyway, and I think if you learn Photos in one place,…on an iPhone or an iPad, then it's easier…to learn it on say a Mac or vice versa.…Anyway, let's go over to Import…and more pictures from the Eastern Sierra.…I want to add a few.…
So I've just scrolled down here…to some of the Mono Lake shots,…and I'm gonna click on this one here,…just tap on it.…I'm gonna hold down the Command key,…and we'll go with this one here.…And let's get one of these distance ones here.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.