You can also add text to your photographs using Polarr. In this video, Derrick Story shows how to apply this feature to your images. Polarr is an image editor available in the Mac App Store.
- [Instructor] What do we want to do next?…I know what I want to do next.…I want to add some text.…So we're going to go over back to the left side here,…use the text tool.…I'm just going to click on Add Text…and just bring it down here, like this.…And let's just give it a name.…We'll call it...…Nothing too fancy there.…Now I don't like this font at all so that's okay.…
We have different fonts to choose from.…That'll work out nicely, right there.…So then I go ahead and go back…and I want to change the angle a bit.…I thought that angle came in a little crooked by default.…There, something like that, okay.…And the size.…Let's just take it down a bit.…There we go and we'll make it left flush.…We can bring this over like this.…
All right, now we can just click and drag it…wherever we want.…We can just put it right there.…And I still don't quite like that angle there.…Zero is not zero.…There we go and we have other things we could play with.…We could play with the opacity,…could play with a blend.…Angle we've already done.…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.