Once you've done the heavy lifting in Pixelmator, you may want to add a few finishing touches to perfect your image. In this video, Derrick Story adds a few of his finishing touches. Pixelmator is a popular image editing app for the Mac platform, that now includes two editing extensions as part of its download.
- So I thought I'd show you how I finish off the shot,…We talked about this at the end of the last movie.…What we're going to do now…is we're going to go back to Pixelmator Retouch…and I'm going to use the clone tool, I think…because I really want to just add…some specific textures here.…I'm going to make my size go down just a bit,…something like this.…We'll move this right here.…First thing I'm going to do is just kind of…fix this grass right here, take care of that.…
Make that nice and natural looking.…And then let's find some rabbit bush.…We'll use this right here, this looks like this will work.…And then we'll come in here…and then we'll just add some rabbit bush.…No one will know the difference, right?…We will have pulled this off.…We'll then bring this right over here,…let's get just a little bit of this up and down,…just like this.…
So we get a little big of that.…See?…The deception is going to work, isn't it?…Look at that bicep I've got going there.…Or that's really my tricep, isn't it?…Hanging down there.…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 50m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.