Affinity Miniature might not seem like a useful tool at first; however, in this video, Derrick Story explains how you can use it to direct the viewer's eye to the most important elements in your photograph. Affinity Photo is a full-featured image editor that many use as an alternative to Photoshop.
- [Narrator] Affinity Miniature,…let's go to it right now.…I think this is a cool extension,…to tell you the truth.…And I didn't open it in the beginning…because I wasn't exactly sure what it was.…We're going to go to tilt right here.…But basically, what it allows you to do…is blur areas of the photograph…and keep other areas sharp.…So, if I bring this up like this.…Let's see, let's do something like this.…
Just for starters.…Now, I'm going to use the strength slider.…And as I do,…I'm going to over-exaggerate a little bit…so you can see it better.…Look what it does.…I mean, it just really blurs out…the area that's outside of the center there.…So let's say that I did this.…We have these down here.…Let's take this here.…Let's pull this up here,…like this.…
It's almost like a super long exposure…on the water, right?…We've seen those shots.…And then, we can do the same thing with the sky.…Trying not to…tilt it too much, and then we can make the sky really.…And then we take the strength…and we move it way up, like this.…Let's take it so, there we go,…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.