Starting in the next chapter, we're going to dive into multi-shot tone mapping…HDR, the kind of HDR that most people think of when they think HDR.…But before we start merging and mapping images, I want to take a moment to…discuss organization.…If you're out shooting multi-shot HDR, you will inherently be coming back with…a tremendous number of images and it's very easy to get overwhelmed after you've…dumped them all onto your computer.…For every scene that you've shot, you'll have at least three images depending on…how much you were bracketing and if you were doing the correct job of a…photographer and working your shots, shooting it from lots of different angles,…trying and experimenting in lots of different ways, then you'll have three shots…for each one of those experiments.…
So it's very easy to open up those images that you've just downloaded and go,…oh boy, this is a whole a lot of data and not even know where to start and kind…of get discouraged.…Also, it's easy to lose track of which images go together to create a single HDR set.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.