Taking a picture involves answering a lot of questions and solving a lot of problems.…How should I frame my shot, how can I frame all those power lines, do I want…motion to be blurry or frozen, do I want deep depth of field, how can I work…around that backlighting, how can I preserve detail where I want it?…HDR techniques are just another set of tools that you have at your disposal for…addressing all of those various problems.…HDR techniques will not help you with every image.…On some images they'll have no effect at all.…But as we've seen and as we'll be exploring throughout this course, for certain…situations HDR techniques give you another way to solve particular…photographic problems.…
For the entire history of photography, photographers have been dealing with…the fact that that their cameras cannot capture the full range that they can…see with their eyes.…Because of that limitation, photographic vocabulary developed around the ideas…of light and shadow and their interplay.…And so, as photographers, we frequently choose to plunge shadows into darkness…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.