I am here in Photomatix.…I still have my process set to Tone Mapping.…I'm going to reset down here by hitting the default button to get my settings…back to normal, because I want us to look at the other Tone Mapping method.…I'm going to change this method pop- up menu from Details Enhancer to Tone…Compressor, the other option, and right away my image changes.…Now as I mentioned before, this is still a tone mapping process.…It's still cherry picking tones from that big 32-bit mess of data and putting them…down into a smaller 8 or 16 bit data space, but it's doing it in a way that…yields and image that's a little less HD-yR and more like a normal photograph.…
I have got shadows that are punched in the darkness here. I don't have…overexposed highlights, but my overall tonal relationships are a little more…like a normal photo.…So let's take a look at the controls that we have here and see how we can adjust this.…Brightness, Tonal Range Compression and Contrast Adaptation, I am grouping these…together, because these three sliders really work together to adjust overall…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.