Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Exposure Fusion in Photomatix, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
In our earlier walk-through of Photomatix you saw that there are two different…processes to choose from: Tone Mapping and Exposure Fusion.…We looked at Tone Mapping in detail.…Now let's take a look at Exposure Fusion.…Switching over and the first thing that happens is, as I mentioned before, my…image becomes a little less HDR and starts to look a little more like a normal photograph.…That is my shadows are not so perfectly exposed, my highlights aren't…so perfectly exposed.…It doesn't have that flat look that an initial HDR adjustment can have.…I also don't have the super refined detail.…
So if you want to be able to have good exposure throughout your image, that is,…have some detail down here and have some detail up here, without going to the…full HDR look, Exposure Fusion might be a good option for you.…As I mentioned before, this is basically blending my stack of images together in…the same way that I might do in Photoshop using a bunch of layers.…Within Exposure Fusion I have five different methods to choose from. The default…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.