This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi. My name's Rich Harrington, and welcome to this course where we're going to be exploring the HDR workflow using Photomatix from HDRsoft. This is one of my absolute favorite applications, and I love creating high dynamic range photography. Sometimes I go for subtle effects just to really bring out some of the details that are hard to achieve with the camera normally, and other times I choose a more effected look to go for style or impact. The great news is is that Photomatix will work for all of these workflows and more.
Now I'm going to assume that you already have some of the basics with HDR photography down, that you know how to shoot HDR photos. Now even if you don't, don't worry about it. I've got plenty of example images that you'll be able to try out if your Lynda.com membership includes it, and if not just get some of your own images that you've already acquired. If you want to learn more about shooting HDR photography, there are some classes available on Lynda.com, just go ahead and run your own search and you'll get those in the search results. You can explore some of the shooting classes.
But today we're going to dig super deep into Photomatix. Now there are two versions of Photomatix. There's the Essentials version and the Professional version. Both of them are fairly similar in what they can achieve, but there are some effects that are only available in the Pro version, as well as the ability to work with more bracketed images so you can really achieve a wider dynamic range if you're trying to show that. Don't worry though, both versions are easy to use. We'll go ahead and take you through all of the features in today's training and I'd like to thank you for joining me.
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.