If you're interested in HDR, I'm assuming this because you're a somewhat…experienced photographer.…And as a somewhat experienced photographer, there should be some postproduction…habits that you already have.…Things that you just do without even thinking once you get into your image editor.…For example, worrying about overexposed highlights, checking to be sure you got…the detail that you want in your shadows, paying attention to the overall…contrast in your image and making sure that it's correct.…If you're working in color, checking out your white balance, making sure your…image doesn't have any color cast problems.…
All of these things are the normal work of a good photographer and they all…apply to HDR images also.…But HDR images have their own set of additional concerns on top of those…normal photographic concerns, and we're going to look at those real quick in this movie.…Before we do though I want to show you an image that we're going to be looking…at in a minute in terms of some HDR issues it has.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.