I can create a single shot or faux HDR Efex in Photoshop rather in the way you…would think I would, by simply taking a RAW file, processing it in three…different ways, and then merging the results.…If you were to sit down and just try and think your way through this problem, …you'd probably have no trouble figuring it out, but let's walk through it anyway.…Let's say that I had only shot one image of this car instead of the full…bracketed set and I had shot it as metered.…So I am going to open that image up in Photoshop and of course, it's a RAW file,…so I get my RAW dialog box.…
Now normally when I am passing the RAW files off to another HDR program, I don't…worry about any RAW conversion parameters.…In fact, I am not even given the chance to adjust RAW conversion parameters.…I want to simply hand the full data set from each file off to the RAW converter.…Here though I do need to think about things that I might want to do in the RAW converter.…If I had overexposed highlights, I would want to recover them.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.