Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro, part of Shooting and Processing High Dynamic Range Photographs (HDR).
One of the great things about Nik HDR Efex Pro are its selective editing tools,…which are really fantastic, and we haven't had a chance to look at them yet so…we're going to do that in this movie.…Even if you are not and do not plan to be a regular HDR Efex user, work through…this movie with us anyway because we're going to talk about a lot of kind of…aesthetics of editing and some other things that apply to any editing tools…that you choose to use.…Grab 1413, 1414, and 1415 and merge them in Photoshop.…We're merging in Photoshop because HDR Efex can't get a good registration of…these because I moved a lot between images.…
Open up here and we get our normal merge. We want to be sure we're in 32 Bit.…I want you to notice something.…Up here we get this weird purple artifact.…It took me a while to figure out what it is.…It turns out it's actually a ghosting artifact.…If I turn on Remove ghosts, it goes away.…So if you're seeing something like that in your highlights when you're merging…an image, there is a chance it's a ghost, so just take that out.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photographywith Ben Long6h 43m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.