Earlier I mentioned that it's not always possible to get to an absolute complete…finished image in your HDR merging software, no matter what that software is.…So while you can get your merge done, get your deghosting done, get your tone…mapping the way that you want it, very often there are still things that will…need to be done in your image editor.…And in this chapter we are look at what those things might be, both correcting…problems in an image and aesthetic changes to the image to finish it and…complete it and make it into a nice final product.…
We are going to start in this movie by looking at noise reduction and…the elimination of chromatic aberrations.…So we are well in the realm of simple mechanical fixes.…Just things that need to be done regardless of what your aesthetic is.…You should have worked with these images earlier.…These were the boys that had the ghosting problem.…I have merged this image and deghosted it Photomatix, which we did in movie 05_11.…If you didn't do that, go back and do it now and get all the way here to the tone…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.