If you watched Chapter 3, then you saw me shoot some HDR images of an…old railroad trestle.…I went through all the different things that I shot, I picked up the set that I…liked, and I merged them in Photoshop and created a 32-bit EXR file.…That file, image 1426.exr, is sitting in your Exercise Files Chapter 6 folder.…Let's go through the entire process.…You've seen the shooting. Now we've merged.…I'm now going to take that image into Photomatix and do my tone mapping.…I'm also going to do the same thing in HDR Efex and then I'm going to take the…result into Photoshop and finish it up so that you'll be able to see the entire…start to finish process.…
So I'm dropping this image on Photomatix, which will open it, and now I'm…hitting the Tone Mapping button, close out my presets, and as you can see I've…got a pretty typical initial tone mapping HDR result here.…The image is a little bit flat.…It could use a little contrast.…My histogram is looking pretty good though.…I've got pretty broad selection of tones.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.