You might already be familiar with panoramic stitching, the process of…shooting a series of overlapping images and then using Photoshop or another…piece of software to stitch those into a seamless, perspective-corrected…panorama of your scene.…You can do that with HDR also.…It's a pretty simple process in its conception.…It just takes a lot of work as you've got a lot of files to manage.…What I've done here is I have shot three bracketed sets of HDR images.…I'm going to go into Filmstrip mode here so we can get a bigger view. So here's one set.…
It's a normal three-shot bracket.…Then I panned to the right and you can see the pan happened right there and I…shot three more images.…Again, another bracketed set, and then I panned to the right again and shot…another three images.…So I can get all of these merged and stitched into a single seamless panorama.…All I have to do is just go through the normal steps that I would go through for…HDR and then stitch the results.…So stack those up there and let's see how this works.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.