We're going to look at one more masking approach to try to pull some dynamic…range back into a more reasonable zone.…In your Chapter 4 folder, you should see a RAW file called View. Open that up…and you're going to get a RAW dialog box here.…So right off the bat, you can see that I've got a huge dynamic range issue in this movie.…It's a backlight situation.…I've got this huge bright window out here and I was trying to expose over foreground.…So I'm going to start by doing my normal raw conversion stuff.…I'm going to do some highlight recovery to get as much detail back as I can, and that…puts a little bit back in there.…
I can try and get more with the Exposure slider and look, there is some other…blue sea and some green.…There is no reason to go much further than about there.…Now that darkens my foreground.…So I'm going to fill that back up with Fill Light, which is roughly akin to…firing a flash into my scene.…I'm looking to be careful about the edges of toes.…You always need to be worried about the edges of toes when you're using Fill Light.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.