Time lapse video is the process of shooting a single frame, waiting a while,…shooting another frame, waiting a while, and so on and so forth and taking all…those frames and stitching them together or sequencing them together into a movie. …What you get is a greatly accelerated sense of time.…You can do HDR time lapse by shooting a bracketed set of frames, waiting…a while, shooting another bracketed set of frames, and so on and so forth…at regular intervals.…I got this out the front window of my apartment a few years ago and the…process is pretty simple.…
Once you're setup for it, then there's just a tremendous amount of processing you have to do.…I put my camera on a tripod.…I open the window. I knew that there was going to be a lot of weather blowing…through that day because there had been the previous couple of days.…I got an intervalometer for my camera.…It's basically a remote control.…Like a remote shutter release, but this particular one also has the ability to…program it to take a picture at regular intervals.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Compositionwith Ben Long5h 29m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Canon 5D Mark III Essential Trainingwith Ben Long5h 30m Beginner
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.