Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video HDR that doesn't look like HDR, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
As I've mentioned throughout this course, HDR can sometimes be overdone.…In fact HDR has almost become something of an adjective. People will describe an…image is looking very HDR or really HDR-ish.…That has led some people to think that they just don't like HDR and so they stay…away from these techniques, because either they don't like the look of HDR or…they don't mind it but they don't want their images to obviously look processed…or to be thrown into that HDR category.…I want to show you now that it is possible to use HDR techniques to create an…image that doesn't look so obviously HDR.…
So even if you don't think that you're really into HDR, having HDR techniques in…your toolbox is still a good thing because there will be times when you can use…them in a subtle way that gets you a better image than you would get without them…but without taking you into that HDR realm.…We're going to create an image that looks very dramatic but not necessarily in…that kind of overdone, texture-y, HDR way.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photographywith Ben Long6h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.