Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Ghosting and Photomatix, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
Photomatix has excellent deghosting tools.…Deghosting is the process of removing those semi-transparent ghosty artifacts that…occur in a final HDR merge when something in your scene moved between frames.…And we already did a Deghosting demo of these three images using Photoshop and…we're about to do the same demo using Photomatix.…If you didn't see the Photoshop version, let me just show you the images real quick.…I'm shooting these kids and they had the nerve to move between frames, can you believe that?…I went back when I was a kid and someone who was shooting a bracketed set of me,…I knew enough not to move. But with these kids these days, I just don't get it.…
Anyway, you can see his arms are flapping around there and his head is turning,…and what that means is when I merge I am going to see ghosty arms and heads,…and I don't want that. So let's go to it.…I'm going to select these three images, drop them on to Photomatix, just like I normally would.…Tell it to merge for HDR processing. These are the images I want to work with,…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.