Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Ghosting and HDR Efex, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
HDR Efex has a ghost removal mechanism built-in for removing those ghosty…artifacts that can occur when something moves between frames in a bracketed set.…It's pretty easy to use.…It's only somewhat effective.…I am going to launch into a merge of the bracketed set here in HDR Efex,…and when I get my Merge dialog, which lets me choose which images to merge,…that's already filled out,…I have Ghost Reduction Method.…You've got a couple of choices here.…Adaptive or Global.…We will leave it on Adaptive, but set the strength up really high.…
Hit OK and that's going to work here.…As for how much strength you should use and what the trade-offs are, use too…much strength, you can start introducing other artifacts.…So you don't want to go any higher than you have to.…As for Adaptive or Global, it really depends on how spread out your…ghosting problems are.…So you may just have to experiment and the experimenting can be a little slow…because you have to do a full merge every time.…But as you use it more and more, you will probably start to recognize, oh,…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photographywith Ben Long6h 43m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.