Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an HDR image in Photoshop, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
In this course, we're going to look at three pieces of HDR processing software:…Photoshop CS5, Photomatix, and HDR Efex.…In this movie, I'm going to show you the process of merging and tone mapping in Photoshop.…Then in the next movie we're going to merge and tone map the same images in Photomatix.…And in the movie after that, we'll do it all again in HDR Efex.…I think you'll see that each program has its own strengths in it. You're probably…going to want to end up with at least either Photomatix or HDR Efex in…addition to Photoshop.…
All three of these applications are available for a free demo download.…You can get Photoshop at adobe.com/downloads. That will give you the…latest version CS5.…Photoshop has had HDR Merge for a couple of versions, but CS5 is the first…version where it's really kind of usable and it's pretty different than previous versions.…So if you're using CS3 or CS4, you'll need to get 5 to follow along.…We're not going to be taking these images all the way to completion yet.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photographywith Ben Long6h 43m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.