Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an HDR image in Photomatix, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
Photomatix from HDRsoft is an incredibly popular HDR merging and tone mapping…tool and with good reason.…It's been around for years, seen a number of updates, it's got a very full…featured set, and it produces great images.…We're going to be working with Photomatix throughout the rest of this course…and in this movie we're going to take a look step-by-step through of…Photomatix's controls.…If you don't already have Photomatix, you should run off and download the free…demo version, which you can get on hdrsoft.com.…
This is a fully functional demo except that when you're done and you go to save an image,…it's going to put a watermark across it, but otherwise, you're going to be able…to follow along with everything we do here.…Obviously, I'm not in Photomatix right now. I'm in Bridge.…There are a lot of ways of getting images into Photomatix.…The way that I like is to simply start with my workflow tool, which is Bridge.…I'm going to select the three images of a bracketed set.…Each one of these was exposed one stop apart and I'm just going to pick those up…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photographywith Ben Long6h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.