Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an HDR in HDR Efex, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
HDR Efex Pro is a plug-in from Nik Software that works with Photoshop CS4 and…CS5, Lightroom, and Aperture.…I like it for a few reasons.…It's very well-integrated with Photoshop or whatever host application you're using.…It offers great results in terms of image quality, and it has the best interface…and controls of all three of the HDR tools that we're looking at here.…You can download a free trial of the software from the Nik web site and as…we did with Photoshop and Photomatix, we're going to merge the same three…images that we merged before, but this time using HDR Efex, so you can see what it offers.…
Again, there are a number of ways of getting images into HDR Efex.…The easiest though I think is to start in Bridge.…And the reason I like starting in Bridge for all these things is because I've…got a nice view of the images that I want to work with, I can tell exactly where…the bracketed sets are, and I can easily select them in here.…Getting images into HDRsoft is a little bit hidden in Bridge.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photographywith Ben Long6h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.