Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Combining HDR and LDR, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
There are times when I just love what HDR techniques do to one part of my image,…and really hate what they do to another part of my image.…There is a way out of this problem though.…You can keep the HDR image and composite it with one of the original…source files that you use to make that HDR. You'll get a result that has HDR in…some parts of the image and just regular R in other parts of the image, so you…get some original source file mixed with a nice HDR result, and that's what…we're going to do in this movie.…
Go to the Exercise Files folder into the Chapter 6 folder and grab images 9933,…9934, and 9935 and do an HDR Merge in Photoshop.…When you get to here, be sure that you're set for a 32-bit image and go ahead…and check Remove ghosts.…There was some wind blowing and my hand was a little shaky when I took this shot, …so I think it's probably not a bad idea to have the ghost removal turned on.…And when you're all done, you'll have this, a 32-bit file in Photoshop.…
And it'll look pretty lousy.…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photographywith Ben Long6h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.