Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Batch processing in Photomatix, part of HDR Photography: Shooting and Processing.
As you may have already discovered there's one kind of downside to working with…HDR, which is you may be coming back with three times the data that you…normally would or five times or seven times depending on how many images you're…shooting per scene and assuming that you're shooting every scene HDR, which of…course you won't be doing, but still, if you're working on some HDR images when…you're out there, there is very good chance you're going to come back with a lot…of data that needs to be processed.…Fortunately Photomatix has some excellent batch processing tools that make…it easy to go through a whole folder of bracketed sets and come up with…merged images, all without you having to do anything once you've started the batch process.…
You can get to the Batch Processing controls under the Automate menu up here…or over here in Workflow Shortcut you'll see Batch Bracketed Photos, Batch Single Photos.…So let's take a look at the process of Batch Processing Bracketed Photos.…So let's assume that I've come back with a bunch of bracketed sets. I have not…
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Merging in Photoshop and processing elsewhere
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Selective editing with HDR Efex Pro
- Creating panoramic HDR images
- Creating an HDR time lapse
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Masterywith Deke McClelland20h 1m Advanced
2. What Is HDR?
3. Shooting and Organizing HDR
4. Expanding Dynamic Range Through Masking
5. Processing Multi-Shot HDR Images in Photoshop CS5
6. Additional Retouching and Finishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.