When it comes to Photomatix Pro, there are several different methods for you to use when merging HDR images. A brand new method for this version of Photomatix is called Tone Balancer. What is Tone Balancer and what can it be applied to? In this movie, author Richard Harrington explains the Tone Balancer method.
- One of the things I like best about Photomatix Pro…is that it has several different methods…for merging HDR images.…Rather than rely on just one technique,…it actually offers multiple choices.…And there's a brand-new one included…with version six of the software.…That method is called tone balancer,…and it's designed to give you…really realistic images.…It's well-suited for things like…real estate photography, and landscape photography.…Let's go ahead and close the dialog box here,…and give it a try.…
I'll click Browse and Load,…and navigate to a folder of images.…Inside of folder four, you'll find one…called tone balancer.…I've included both processed and raw.…I'll used the processed files here…that were optimized using Adobe Camera Raw.…In this case, we have a landscape photo,…and you can see the different brackets.…Now, with the moving waves, this is going to…create some interesting challenges here,…due to the fact of areas of high motion.…
Let's go ahead and select those, here.…And I'll choose load.…You'll see that it reads it in,…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Intermediate
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.