Another useful tool that Photomatix has added is called Color Settings. Usually, this feature and what it controls is found in a pop up menu. This time, however, there is a paint brush interface that allows you to get very specific with these settings. In this movie, author Richard Harrington shows how to use the Adjustment Brush and what it can do.
- Photomatix Pro Version 6 added a new,…useful tool called Color Settings…that lets you adjust, the brightness, the saturation…and the hue within the image.…And normally this is targeted using a pop-up menu.…But there is a paintbrush interface that…lets you get very specific.…Here's an image that I previously merged.…You can see the original and the new one,…and the greens have been toned down a bit already.…But I see a few areas in the floor that are a bit intense.…
So, let's click the paintbrush here.…And it's going to target a specific area.…I could adjust the size and the softness of the brush,…as well as have it automatically detect edges if I want,…if there's hard details.…I'll show you that in a moment.…Now, I'm going to back off the brightness a little bit…and just paint on the floor here.…Let's pull that down even more so you really see it.…And what we've done is darken the floor just a little bit.…
I can desaturate it, or even roll the color temperature,…as needed, to change the color of the wood.…That works quite nicely.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Appropriate for all
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.