When shooting a photo, suppose the perspective is a bit off. Perhaps somewhere during your shoot, the tripod or the ground wasn’t level. How does one fix problems such as these? In this movie, author Richard Harrington explores three different straightening tools available in HDRsoft’s Photomatix Pro.
- Sometimes when shooting a photo,…your perspective might be off a bit.…Maybe you're shooting from a lower angle,…and you'll see a keystoning effect,…where vertical lines start to taper…in one of two directions.…This can be problematic.…Or maybe your tripod wasn't perfectly level,…or the ground wasn't and it was difficult to compensate.…Well fortunately, Photomatix gives you…three different straightening tools.…I'll click on the straighten tab here…and you'll see the ability to compensate…vertical and horizontal, as well as a general rotation.…
Vertical is going to tilt the image forward or backwards.…Now, you'll notice these grid guides here,…this can be quite useful.…If you choose to zoom in,…those grids will reposition themselves.…So this might help you with the positioning of the object.…You can also adjust the size of the window…'til the grid line falls where you want.…There we go.…What I've done here is place the grid line on the pole,…and what I'm looking for is that as I make adjustments…I can make sure that that's straight.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Appropriate for all
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.