Photomatix is very complementary when it comes to compatibility with other programs. You can send photos to Photomatix from your computer’s native photo editing software and vice-a-versa. In this movie, author Richard Harrington demonstrates how to send photos from HDRsoft’s Photomatix Pro to Photos for OS X.
- Photomatix is very complementary to other programs.…Earlier we took a look at how we can open images…from Photos for Mac and send them into Photomatix.…Well when you're done working in Photomatix,…you can also send them back…to your Mac's native photo editor.…Now this particular example is only going to be useful…to those of you on the Mac operating system.…But I'm going to start out with some general development…techniques that should help all of you.…In this case, we've got a series of images that were shot…in a very low-light situation.…
This is a warehouse shot.…Let's go ahead and bring those together.…I'll select all of the images here in that folder…and load them into Photomatix.…Now we can choose that merge options.…I'm going to align these and specify…that this was hand-held standard.…I'll also reduce noise on all of the source images…because there was a lot of low-light shooting…in this environment and I bumped up the ISO.…I'll click align and merge,…and the files are opened and merged together.…
The noise is reduced on each source photo…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Appropriate for all
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.