Once you’ve finished with your image and you’ve cropped it to the aspect ratio you want, there is the option of being able to do resizing when you save the image if you so choose. In this movie, author Richard Harrington demonstrates the basics of resizing when saving an image in HDRsoft’s Photomatix Pro.
- Once your image is done and you've cropped…to the desired aspect ratio,…you can actually choose to do a resize when you save.…Now, for advanced options you might use an external editor,…which we'll talk about next,…but you can do some basic resizing right within Photomatix.…Simply choose File, Save As.…This'll bring up the option to save the file.…Let's go into the folder here,…and I'll choose to save this as a 16-bit tiff.…
You'll notice from the popup list…that you'll find different presets.…You can choose to save the full quality file at full size,…cut that in half, or find low-res presets here…that are optimized for things like email and websites.…These presets are useful to quickly save things down.…For example, making a jpeg here at 1280x720…would make it very simple to attach this…to an email, for review.…
With the click of a save, that's going to…save that file off as the jpeg.…But if has not thrown away the full quality.…I would strongly suggest you also choose Save As,…and save that 16-bit tiff file at full quality.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Intermediate
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.